Sunday, June 5, 2011

Hoffman doll 2011, House of Fairy Children




The Hoffman Challenge is a fabric challenge due July 15th for quilt, doll and accessories....The dolls must use a piece of Hoffman fabric in the making of the doll. The "houses" and wings are the Hoffman fabric on my doll. The dolls are judged and may be selected to travel in trunks to quilt shows around the US and Canada. It is always kind of stressful to come up with a concept for a doll or you can adapt patterns from designers or just do a certain pattern from a designer you like....I have adapted, Cindee Moyer, Gloria Bradford, and Salley Mavor's Wee Folk. The hat was from a Diane Evdokimoff's Dweedle the Clown. I have used my laser printed to put pictures in the window's and doors from old postcards.
Well the doll has been sent and was not selected for travel because the base was 8 1/2 inches instead of 7 inches....a disappointment but I can enjoy the doll here for the next year.